The UK branch of the global manufacturing and factory automation specialist Radwell International opened their doors on 10th March 2011 and now 10 years later they reflect on their successes and challenges.
Starting with a team of only 6 employees and a relatively small warehouse and office space, today the repair and distribution centre now boasts an impressive 58,000 sq. foot facility, a £20m turnover and a 115 strong workforce which help to serve over 55,000 customers in 175 countries.
The Newcastle-under-Lyme business have reached many exciting milestones along the way;
- 2015 - built a mezzanine floor to house a larger warehouse and new sales floor which allowed the business to employ language speakers in sales and production as they increased their foothold within European countries and emerging markets.
- 2016 - strengthened their European presence by opening a branch in Germany, one of the largest industrial automation economies in the world.
- 2017 – developed a range of over 2,000 Radwell manufactured automation parts which are high quality replacements of the original equipment.
- 2018 - gained ISO 9001:2015 Certification, which reassures customers that the quality of products, services and after sales support they provide is of the highest standard.
- 2019 - implemented a new ERP system that has helped them to streamline processes and improve communications ensuring customers receive a fast and efficient service.
- 2019 / 2020 - proud winners of seven prestigious regional, national and European industry awards recognising innovation, international trade, investment, distribution and logistics.
2020 saw unprecedented challenges for all businesses in relation to the global pandemic. Radwell remained open as an essential business supporting manufacturers and food processors to meet increases in demand. At the same time, they utilised their global buying power to source and supply PPE to their customers and local charities.
Looking to 2021 and beyond Radwell have plans to open branches in other European countries, continue to increase its current inventory of 20 million automation parts and employ specialists in all areas of the business to support it’s loyal customers.
Martin Keegan, Managing Director at Radwell said ‘The last 10 years have seen extraordinary growth for the UK branch. I would like to express my gratitude to our customers, employees and suppliers who have supported us and helped us to grow to be the globally recognised brand we are today’.