1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year. Every two hours, someone in England and Wales takes their own life. This can’t go on. Early intervention is vital and MIND want to help more people early on, before they hit rock bottom.
In 2018, Radwell International UK chose MIND to be their charity of the year as they support people with Mental Health issues. We took every opportunity throughout the year to raise money for the charity. Radwell employees undertook some huge challenges last year including competing in a 5k Tough Mudder run and climbing Mount Snowden at night. As well as this, we held games and activities to raise money with prize bingo sessions, dressing up for Halloween, cake sales, crafternoon's, charity auctions and more!
We were striving towards achieving our target for 2018 and donate a life changing amount to MIND at the end of the year.
We are delighted to announce that we raised a total of £5,004 towards MIND Charity at the end of 2018, achieving our target of £5,000!
Take a look at the charity events we have organised and participated in last year to raise money for MIND:
- Mount Snowdon
- A group of staff members, including the Managing Director, took part in the night time walk up Mount Snowdon raising a total of £3,527!
- This involved our staff members donating a nights sleep, their weekend and months in advance to prepare and train for the event.
- They completed the event in a total of 6.5 hours.
- Stoke City's "Big Sleep Out
- Two of our employees took part in Stoke City’s the “Big Sleep Out” this year and raised a total of £383 for Stoke City Community Trust. They donated an entire night of their time to raise awareness of homelessness.
- 5k Tough Mudder
- 9 employees took part in the Tough Mudder challenge in September 2018. They completed the 5 mile and 13 obstacle challenge and raised a total of £682!
- This involved a 3-month training period to prepare for the event.
- National Days
- We continually raise money throughout the year on national days, particularly taking part in celebrations of the local area such as Staffordshire Oatcake Day. By selling oatcakes throughout the day, this raised £143 in total.
These charity events throughout the year are organised by our Radwell Operation of Caring and Kindness (ROCK) volunteers. The mission of ROCK is to involve Radwell volunteers in meaningful services at non-profit agencies in the local area, while enhancing community resources and empowering members of the community, by providing opportunities to make a significant contribution to the wellbeing of the community. ROCK serves as a catalyst for volunteerism, provides leadership and support for volunteer efforts and is the central focus for volunteerism at Radwell and in the community. Our ROCK volunteers are continuously discussing new ideas to raise money for local charities, having regular meetings throughout the year.
The charity of the year we have chosen for 2019 is Meningitis Now, as well as dedicating weeks in the year to raise money for other charities. Our ROCK volunteers are preparing for the charity events we have planned for this year, including Gung-Ho! Inflatable 5k Run in March 2019 and take on the World's largest zip-line!
Take a look at our Virgin Money Giving page to keep up to date with our events throughout the year! https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/RadwellInternational
Any donations to help us reach our target for the year are greatly appreciated.